POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP OPPORTUNITY in SLEEP MEDICINE
Charles A. Czeisler, Steven W. Lockley, Christopher P. Landrigan, Laura K. Barger
Harvard Work Hours, Health and Safety Group
Division of Sleep Medicine, Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School
The Harvard Work Hours Health and Safety Group focuses on understanding the consequences of extended work hours and disordered sleep schedules on health and safety across a range of professions and populations. We also develop and test countermeasures to prevent the increased risk of accidents and injury for both worker health and public safety with the long-term aim of providing data to inform evidence-based policy and legislative decisions. Recently, we have addressed the impact of reducing extended duration (>24 h) work shifts on physician health and patient safety and developed and tested a comprehensive sleep disorders screening and fatigue management program in several police forces.
We seek a post-doctoral fellow to join our team who will participate in ongoing projects and develop new research initiatives. These projects will primarily be ‘field-based’ programs involving data collection under real-world conditions but conducted using robust clinical trial designs. The Division of Sleep Medicine is interdisciplinary, with members from backgrounds in physiology, psychology, medicine, and mathematics and the successful candidate will be encouraged to collaborate within and outside the Division as they pursue their research interests. The rich environment of the Division of Sleep Medicine (http://sleep.med.harvard.edu) offers many opportunities for career development and education.
The candidate will have knowledge of clinical study design and experimental statistics. Candidates with experience in field- and/or laboratory based clinical trials are encouraged to apply. A background in Sleep Medicine is desirable but not required. An educational program in Sleep Medicine will be provided which the candidate will be expected to attend. The initial appointment will be for 2 years, renewable annually thereafter.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references in hard copy and electronic format to:
Steven W. Lockley PhD
Division of Sleep Medicine
Brigham and Women’s Hospital
221 Longwood Ave
Boston MA 02115
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- The BlogTogether Birthday Bash
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sleep (But Were Too Afraid To Ask)
- Lysenko Gets A D-Minus On My Genetics Test
- Another role for Open Science
- Using Twitter to learn economy of words - try to summarize your research paper in 140 characters or less!
- Postscript to Pittendrigh's Pet Project - Phototaxis, Photoperiodism and Precise Projectile Parabolas of Pilobolus on Pasture Poop
- Biology and the Scientific Method
- I just published 'Horse Fitness Program' link.medium.com/KO3fJXv9MU 1 year ago
- Horse Fitness Program link.medium.com/KO3fJXv9MU 1 year ago
- @MaryWanless I hope you like this: horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… and that I cited your thoughts correctly. 2 years ago
- RT @AstronautAbby: @BoraZ Please help spread the word: Full paid Space Camp Scholarship apps due January 15, 2018 @TheMarsGen will give up… 2 years ago
- I just published “The Mental Game Of Riding” medium.com/p/the-mental-g… 2 years ago
- New post: The Mental Game Of Riding horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… 2 years ago
- RT @HorseListening: New Guest Post! The Mental Game Of Riding If technical perfection is essential for success, what explains the... https… 2 years ago
- The Mental Game Of Riding – Horse Listening horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… 2 years ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.