How should students learn about evolution?
On Thursday morning’s Takeaway (at about 6:30 a.m. or 8:30 a.m.
Eastern), we’re talking with Don McLeroy, chair of the Texas State
Board of Education. He’s believes that students should have the
opportunity to question evolution (and that God created the Earth a
few thousand years ago). Texas is expected to vote this week on new
science standards that could influence textbooks and how more states
treat this controversial issue.
“Evolution and education with Texas State Board of Education chair Don McLeroy”
The Texas Board of Education is in the midst of a major fight this
week over a new science curriculum that’s designed to challenge the
principle of evolution. The Board will vote tomorrow on standards that
will govern science teaching on evolution in Texas for the next 10
Here’s a direct link to the audio.
It’s also in the podcast.
The Takeaway’s homepage
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Charlotte's Web: what was she smoking?
- Postscript to Pittendrigh's Pet Project - Phototaxis, Photoperiodism and Precise Projectile Parabolas of Pilobolus on Pasture Poop
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Lithium, Circadian Clocks and Bipolar Disorder
- BIO101 - Evolution of Biological Diversity
- Teaching Biology 101 (to adults)
- BIO101 - From One Cell To Two: Cell Division and DNA Replication
- Biology and the Scientific Method
- A reexamination of the neurorealism effect: the role of context jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/06/… 11 hours ago
- Communicating trust and trusting science communication ― some critical remarks jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/06/… 2 weeks ago
- Elections Matter: Why Pence Is A Scary Option For Women And Public Health forbes.com/sites/judyston… 2 weeks ago
- @MadSciKat rain and wind but not too bad here. Still have power. 2 weeks ago
- @jtaylorhodge neuroscience.stanford.edu/news/bimanual-… has good references 2 weeks ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Misunderstanding trust in science: a critique of the traditional discourse on science communication jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/05/… 1 month ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Trust in technologies? Science after de-professionalization jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/05/… 1 month ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Mediated trust in science: concept, measurement and perspectives for the `science of science communication' https://t.co/x4Wr4… 1 month ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.