How should students learn about evolution?
On Thursday morning’s Takeaway (at about 6:30 a.m. or 8:30 a.m.
Eastern), we’re talking with Don McLeroy, chair of the Texas State
Board of Education. He’s believes that students should have the
opportunity to question evolution (and that God created the Earth a
few thousand years ago). Texas is expected to vote this week on new
science standards that could influence textbooks and how more states
treat this controversial issue.
“Evolution and education with Texas State Board of Education chair Don McLeroy”
The Texas Board of Education is in the midst of a major fight this
week over a new science curriculum that’s designed to challenge the
principle of evolution. The Board will vote tomorrow on standards that
will govern science teaching on evolution in Texas for the next 10
Here’s a direct link to the audio.
It’s also in the podcast.
The Takeaway’s homepage
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- When Should Schools Start in the morning?
- Biology and the Scientific Method
- Push vs. Pull strategies in science communication
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Why republish an old blog post?
- Teaching Biology 101 (to adults)
- RT @JsciCOM: Online science videos: an exploratory study with major professional content providers in the United Kingdom https://t.co/Th773… 3 days ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Science, Twitter and election campaigns: tracking #auspol in the Australian federal elections jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/06/… 1 week ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Public science communication in Africa: views and practices of academics in Zimbabwe jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/06/… 1 week ago
- The new trend in Science Communication research ecology: 2016 PCST conference review jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/06/… 1 week ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Open Media Science | JCOM jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/06/… 2 weeks ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Communicating science in English: exploration into Australian scientists from language other than English https://t.co/tt1hSfU… 2 weeks ago
- @KnowYourBrainG really good now! Till Roennenberg perhaps? 2 weeks ago
- RT @KnowYourBrainG: @BoraZ Here's the latest version. Still looking for feedback. thewinnower.com/papers/5673-th… Who else should I send it to? 2 weeks ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.