If you are wondering why I posted this picture and what it all (including the title of this post) means, you need to read the comment threads on these posts:
The Transition to Daylight Savings Time and the Risk of Myocardial Infarction
The Response from Janszky and Ljung — Dr. Isis Defends the Blogosphere
What is ‘the normal way to debate and discuss scientific findings’ anyway?
Spring Forward, Fall Back – should you watch out tomorrow morning?
Notes of importance
Bora is the Most Brilliant Man Ever and I Love Him
Pseudonimity, scientific criticism and respect on the blogs…
Discourse give me hives
The Pseudonymity Laboratory: When Authors and Bloggers Collide
Letter to the Editor as a mechanism of post-publication scientific discussion
Update – there’s more:
Getting the roles of blogs and journals straight
Bring in da light, bring in da snark
On the Need for Women to Defend Women in Science…
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Postscript to Pittendrigh's Pet Project - Phototaxis, Photoperiodism and Precise Projectile Parabolas of Pilobolus on Pasture Poop
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- Teaching Biology 101 (to adults)
- Welcome the Popular Science blog network
- Charlotte's Web: what was she smoking?
- Biology and the Scientific Method
- The Most Awesome Wedding
- Sleep Schedules in Adolescents
- A reexamination of the neurorealism effect: the role of context jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/06/… 1 day ago
- Communicating trust and trusting science communication ― some critical remarks jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/06/… 2 weeks ago
- Elections Matter: Why Pence Is A Scary Option For Women And Public Health forbes.com/sites/judyston… 2 weeks ago
- @MadSciKat rain and wind but not too bad here. Still have power. 2 weeks ago
- @jtaylorhodge neuroscience.stanford.edu/news/bimanual-… has good references 2 weeks ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Misunderstanding trust in science: a critique of the traditional discourse on science communication jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/05/… 1 month ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Trust in technologies? Science after de-professionalization jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/05/… 1 month ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Mediated trust in science: concept, measurement and perspectives for the `science of science communication' https://t.co/x4Wr4… 1 month ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.