Are you up to date on the hot debate in biology regarding how genes influence evolution? Some scientists contend genes are in the driver’s seat. Others assign more pull to regulatory factors controlling genetic expression. At noon, Wednesday, May 27, come hear Duke biologist Greg Wray explore the importance of it all in a talk entitled “Hardware or Software: Searching for the Genetic Basis for Biological Diversity.”
You may not want to miss this one. After Wray’s talk, Pizza Talk embarks on its traditional three-month summer vacation. The next nine-month series debuts in September.
Sigma Xi Pizza Lunch is free and open to science journalists and science communicators of all stripes. Feel free to forward this message to anyone who might be interested in attending. RSVPs are required (for a reliable slice count) to cclabby AT amsci DOT org.
Directions to Sigma XI:http://www.sigmaxi.org/about/center/directions.shtml
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Circadian Rhythm of Aggression in Crayfish
- Open Laboratory 2010 - submissions now closed - see all the entries
- Revenge of the Zombifying Wasp
- When Should Schools Start in the morning?
- BIO101: Cell-Cell Interactions
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- RT @JsciCOM: Science, Twitter and election campaigns: tracking #auspol in the Australian federal elections jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/06/… 4 days ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Public science communication in Africa: views and practices of academics in Zimbabwe jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/06/… 4 days ago
- The new trend in Science Communication research ecology: 2016 PCST conference review jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/06/… 4 days ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Open Media Science | JCOM jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/06/… 1 week ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Communicating science in English: exploration into Australian scientists from language other than English https://t.co/tt1hSfU… 1 week ago
- @KnowYourBrainG really good now! Till Roennenberg perhaps? 1 week ago
- RT @KnowYourBrainG: @BoraZ Here's the latest version. Still looking for feedback. thewinnower.com/papers/5673-th… Who else should I send it to? 1 week ago
- @ccziv @Gurdur @JasminMuj and balkaninsight.com/en/article/bef… 2 weeks ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.