Now that summer is starting to fade, here is something else to look forward to: The 2010-2011 American Scientist Pizza Lunch speaker series returns next month.
Join us at noon, Tuesday, Sept. 21 here at Sigma Xi to hear Duke University cognitive psychologist Elizabeth Brannon give a talk entitled: “Evolutionary and Developmental Precursors for the Human Mathematical Mind.” In other words, Brannon studies what we all take for granted: our ability to do the numbers. She does it, in part, with studies of human babies and other primates.
Thanks to a grant from the N.C. Biotechnology Center, American Scientist Pizza Lunch is free and open to science journalists and science communicators of all stripes. Feel free to forward this message to anyone who might want to attend. RSVPs are required (for the slice count) to email@example.com
Directions to Sigma Xi, the Scientific Research Society in RTP, are here: http://www.sigmaxi.org/about/center/directions.shtml
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Lindau Nobel - interview with Ghada Al-Kadamany
- When Should Schools Start in the morning?
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Brains of the Week
- How to teach as much biology in as little time
- Is education what journalists do?
- Housekeeping, Banner, and stuff...
- Journalist Steve Buttry dies of pancreatic cancer at age 62 stevebuttry.wordpress.com/2017/02/20/jou… via @stevebuttry 17 hours ago
- A few notes on unbuilding a key part of the presidency pressthink.org/2017/02/notes-… 1 day ago
- RT @ccziv: Kudos to @blueapron. A company that cares if customers have nutritious (delicious!) food to eat more than they care for profits… 2 days ago
- Thanks @blueapron for a year of great service and for getting me to love cooking and learning more about it. 2 days ago
- Fracking And What New EPA Means For Your Health forbes.com/sites/judyston… 3 days ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Getting volunteers to engage with your citizen science project: the Season Spotter experience jcom.sissa.it/getting-volunt… 1 month ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Scienza Attiva: deliberative democracy methods to improve high school students’ engagement with S&T jcom.sissa.it/scienza-attiva… 1 month ago
- Why You Should Oppose Repeal Of The Affordable Care Act forbes.com/sites/judyston… 1 month ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.