Now that summer is starting to fade, here is something else to look forward to: The 2010-2011 American Scientist Pizza Lunch speaker series returns next month.
Join us at noon, Tuesday, Sept. 21 here at Sigma Xi to hear Duke University cognitive psychologist Elizabeth Brannon give a talk entitled: “Evolutionary and Developmental Precursors for the Human Mathematical Mind.” In other words, Brannon studies what we all take for granted: our ability to do the numbers. She does it, in part, with studies of human babies and other primates.
Thanks to a grant from the N.C. Biotechnology Center, American Scientist Pizza Lunch is free and open to science journalists and science communicators of all stripes. Feel free to forward this message to anyone who might want to attend. RSVPs are required (for the slice count) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Directions to Sigma Xi, the Scientific Research Society in RTP, are here: http://www.sigmaxi.org/about/center/directions.shtml
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Classroom Blog
- How to teach as much biology in as little time
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Quick Links
- Open Laboratory 2010 - submissions now closed - see all the entries
- ScienceOnline2011 – interview with Alice Bell
- The Best of April
- Carnal Carnival #1 - Essentials of Elimination
- Best of April 2011
- #Icanhazpdf Revealing Oft-cited but Unpublished Papers of Colin Pittendrigh and Coworkers journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.117… CoturnixATgmail 1 month ago
- Germs On Your Kitchen Sponge? Get a Grip! forbes.com/sites/judyston… 1 month ago
- Given The Price Of An EpiPen, Mylan's Injector Ought To Work forbes.com/sites/judyston… 5 months ago
- Exceptionally short-period circadian clock in Cyclosa turbinata #icanhazpdf coturnixATgmail bioone.org/doi/abs/10.163… 6 months ago
- Congress And Trump Are Competing For The Most Destructive Budget Award--We All Lose forbes.com/sites/judyston… 6 months ago
- How Does Trump's Plan To Gut Health And Medical Research Make America Great? forbes.com/sites/judyston… 6 months ago
- Maryland fracking opponents are right on the science washingtonpost.com/blogs/all-opin… 6 months ago
- Rare Diseases Patients Need More Than Miracles And Trumpcare forbes.com/sites/judyston… 6 months ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.