Now that summer is starting to fade, here is something else to look forward to: The 2010-2011 American Scientist Pizza Lunch speaker series returns next month.
Join us at noon, Tuesday, Sept. 21 here at Sigma Xi to hear Duke University cognitive psychologist Elizabeth Brannon give a talk entitled: “Evolutionary and Developmental Precursors for the Human Mathematical Mind.” In other words, Brannon studies what we all take for granted: our ability to do the numbers. She does it, in part, with studies of human babies and other primates.
Thanks to a grant from the N.C. Biotechnology Center, American Scientist Pizza Lunch is free and open to science journalists and science communicators of all stripes. Feel free to forward this message to anyone who might want to attend. RSVPs are required (for the slice count) to email@example.com
Directions to Sigma Xi, the Scientific Research Society in RTP, are here: http://www.sigmaxi.org/about/center/directions.shtml
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Shaq and the Mini-Shaq, the extreme primates.
- Biology and the Scientific Method
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Books: Michael Pollan - The Omnivore's Dilemma
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- ScienceOnline2011 - interview with Holly Bik
- Morning at Triton
- ScienceOnline2012 – interview with Mark Henderson
- The Scienceblogging Weekly (August 18th, 2012)
- RT @JsciCOM: Getting volunteers to engage with your citizen science project: the Season Spotter experience jcom.sissa.it/getting-volunt… 4 days ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Scienza Attiva: deliberative democracy methods to improve high school students’ engagement with S&T jcom.sissa.it/scienza-attiva… 4 days ago
- Why You Should Oppose Repeal Of The Affordable Care Act forbes.com/sites/judyston… 1 week ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Open Media Science jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/06/… 2 weeks ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Science communication for uncertain science and innovation jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/06/… 3 weeks ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Science, brands and the museum jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/06/… 4 weeks ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Science communication and Responsible Research and Innovation. How can they complement each other? jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/06/… 4 weeks ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Communication as intermediation for socio-technical innovation jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/06/… 4 weeks ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.